7 things about me.
So I was one of twelve people elected by Redriverpak to provide some interesting details about myself. I don’t know that I have as many “humiliating” things as he had on his list, but I would say my list falls under “quirky” or “weird” facts about me. So here you go….
- 1. I am a germ-o-phobe – I don’t like shaking hands with people, or touching door knobs, or coughing, hacking, sneezing people….I avoid them like a plague. Because of my obsession with germs, I am constantly washing my hands. You too would be obsessed if you read this book, “The Hot Zone” by Richard Preston. It is based on a true story.
- 2. I am a true believer in the following: Great minds discuss ideas, Average minds discuss events, Small minds discuss people.
The “discuss people” thing is referring to gossip, and gossip is not important news of any kind. People who are fascinated by such aren’t very smart.
- 3. I’m afraid of scorpions…..as sometimes I find them in our home. They probably look more menacing than they really are (I’m assuming this), but I have been fortunate to have not been stung by one yet..…(knock on wood). I am also afraid of sharks….you will never find me surfing in the ocean, or even kayaking in the ocean…..yes….people get eaten by great white sharks while kayaking.
- 4. I am disillusioned by my thinking that I will someday be very successful as an artist, or author. I am somewhat talented with graphic arts, but REAL art….hmmmm….I doubt it , and writing….well, other than having some articles published in local newspapers….nobody is pounding on my door with any great offers.
- 5. I have never, and probably will never buy a Starbucks coffee. I refuse to pay $5 for a cup of coffee, that is just like throwing money away. The same thing applies to purses….I don’t have a Dooney & Burke, and probably never will….I refuse to pay $400 or $500 for a purse. I also believe it is a waste of money to pay someone to do your fingernails.
- 6. The things I would spend money on If I were rich, someone to clean my house, do my grocery shopping, and if I have tons of money to blow….then I would pay someone to cook every once in awhile too. I don’t mind cooking….just not everyday. I really get tired of having to figure out what to cook.
Another thing I don’t mind spending money on is fine writing instruments….or fountain pens. There’s something about a fine pen that I cannot explain….but if you haven’t tried one, you just don’t know what you are missing out on.
7. I like men to have deep voices….that is sexy to me. I cant think of a bigger turn-off when a cute guy/man…. starts talking and sounds like a girl….you know what I’m talking about so quit laughing. This guy here has a sexy voice:
There you go….not really embarrassing things, but like I said earlier, kind of quirky stuff about me.